Recount Text: An Unforgetable Day


Name          : Ardhiyan Kurnia Ramadhany
No/Class     : 06/X1

An Unforgetable Day

          When I was in the ninth grade of Junior High School, my school held a farewell party and the announcement of school and national examination. I still remember. That day was Saturday June fourth 2011.
          I got up early in the morning and then I prayed Subuh. After that I did everything as I usually do. At 06.30 I and my twin sister Annisa went to our school by bicycle.
          Arriving at State Junior High School 1 Kebumen, I and my friends were ready to go to the Regional Secretary Building or “Gedung Sekda where all students from grade VII, VIII and IX had the party.
          All of the students of class IX stood in line and entered the room of the building quietly. There were the headmistress, the teachers, the staffs and also the parents of students grade IX. There were many performances in the party such as: karawitan or traditonal music, band, singing, orchestra, and dancing. They were very interesting and exciting.
          I and my friends were very nervous to wait the result of examination. I optimized to get the best because I have studied hard.
          At last the headmistress, Mrs Aminah stood on the stage in front of us to give speech and announce the result. All of the students of class IX passed the exam. We clapped our hands happily. And you know I didn’t believe it, I got 10 or perfect marks for mathematics and science. I was the fourth rank for parallel class. Not only that, my twin Annisa got the first rank. Thanks to Allah. I, my twin, and my mother stood on the stage together to receive the presents from school. We dropped the tears.
We were very happy on that day. That was the result of studying hard and praying to Allah.

Created by : Ardhiyan Kurnia Ramadhany, X1/06
Academic Year : 2011/2012


Question     :
1. What time did the writer go to school on that day?
A. At half past six
B. At a quarter past six
C. At six o’clock
D. At half past nine
E. At a quarter past nine

2. Where did the farewell party hold?
A. In the Junior High School
B. In the Regional Secretary Building
C. In the State Junior High School
D. In the Room
E. In the Building

3. There were many performances in the party, except ....
A. Singing
B. Orchestra
C. Ebleg
D. Dancing
E. Karawitan

4. What is the kind of the text?
A. narrative
B. descriptive
C. procedure
D. recount
E. anecdot

5. What is the purpose of the text?
A. to give an anouncement
B. to entertain the readers
C. to report about something
D. to describe about something
E. to retell the past event

0 comments:

Post a Comment